Snow Farm is a nonprofit organization and we keep our prices as low as possible while offering high value. Many factors go into our pricing including paying our instructors and staff fair market wages, keeping our 50-acre facility with 11 buildings in safe working order, improvements, and the cost of goods and services. Seventy-five percent of our budget depends on fees from our programs and 25% comes from donations. Thank you for your support of Snow Farm's mission and for understanding modest annual increases in our prices.
The cost of a workshop includes tuition and open studio hours.
Most workshops require an additional supply fee or kit fee. Supply fees cover materials needed for the specific class and are payable at the time of registration. Kit fees can include materials and/or tools and are payable to the instructor during the workshop. In some cases, materials are available during class and can be purchased based on individual usage. We provide an expected range so that students can plan for their expenses. Most instructors will also ask that students bring a few additional items with them to the class.
A note about jewelry classes: we provide brass, copper, and bronze. In some cases, a class will include silver. In classes that do not include silver, students are welcome to bring their own silver to use during the workshop. Also, stones for jewelry are not provided.
Housing & Meals
Housing at Snow Farm is available April - October. The cost of housing depends on the type of housing and the length of the workshop. Housing and meals are sold as a package. When you choose a housing option during registration, meals are automatically added to the cart as a separate item.
Non-residential students can choose to purchase a lunch package or a full meal package at the time of registration. Because of advance purchasing needs, we are not able to add on meals during the workshop period.
We are delighted that kitchen manager Abby Simchak Donovan will be back in 2022! You will see a slight increase in the price of meals for the first time in several years.
Once per year, there is a non-refundable $25/person registration fee.
Snow Farm's cancellation policy has taken different forms over the past two years in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. For 2022, we have carefully considered the needs of individuals, our responsibility to maintain a safe community, and the costs/risks to Snow Farm. The following cancellation policy is a hybrid of the pre-pandemic and more recent versions. Please review carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
- Plans change, we get it! All cancellations 21 days or more prior to the start of a workshop can receive a full refund (tuition, housing, meals, supplies) less a $75 cancellation fee. The $25 registration fee (paid once per year) is non-refundable.
- Late cancellations are really tough on planning and preparation for a workshop. Cancellations within 21 days from the start of a workshop are non-refundable, except in the case of an unexpected illness or medical issue.
- Stay home if you are sick! Cancellations within 21 days from the start of a workshop because of an unexpected illness or medical issue can receive a credit for tuition, housing, and meals, to be used by October 31, 2023. Supply fees are non-refundable and will not be included in the credit.
In the case of missed class time because someone experiences symptoms of COVID-19 while at Snow Farm, the amount of missed class will be pro-rated as credit towards a future class. Once a class begins, there are no refunds or credits for early departure, late arrival, or missed class for any other reason.
A word about credits: To comply with standard accounting procedure, credits cannot be carried indefinitely. We want you to use your credit! To assure that you do, here are a couple tips:
- Credits can be applied during an online registratoin after you log in to your account.
- Credits can also be applied by calling the Snow Farm office (413-268-3101)
- Regardless of when a credit is issued, it is good through October 31 of the next year, giving you a full season of choices.
- At beginning of the season, we will send an email reminder to everyone who has a credit.
- Any credits not used by the expiration date will turn into a donation to Snow Farm.