Recent reports from the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) show that in-person education can be done safely. In addition, Snow Farm successfully ran adult workshops under a COVID-19 Containment Plan from August to October 2020 and will resume in 2021. Based on our experience and close attention to changing guidelines from the CDC, state, and local health officials, we are confident we can keep our teen students safe and healthy while they enjoy the extraordinary and unique art experience at Snow Farm.
Covid Containment Plan for Snow Farm Summer
2/1/21 Information on this page is based on current conditions and is subject to change.
Everyone at Snow Farm is expected to comply with these best practices and expectations:
- Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or has had a positive diagnosis, or anyone who has had exposure to someone with symptoms or a COVID-19 diagnosis within two weeks prior to arrival, should contact us immediately to review the situation.
- Wear a mask at all times, except when eating.
- Wash hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- Maintain a 6' distance between people, both inside and outside.
- All students and instructors are expected to get a test for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to arrival and show a negative result at check-in.
- Anyone traveling to Snow Far from out of state needs to comply with travel guidelines issued by the state of Massachusetts.
- Snow Farm will not be able to provide a shuttle from the airport or train and bus stations. Private shuttles and taxi services are available.
- In the case that a student becomes ill or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 during the program, a parent or designated adult must be available to pick-up their student within 12 hours of being notified.
- During the program, students may travel in a 7-person mini-van to nearby attractions. Masks will be worn and windows will be open.
Program & Studios
- Glassblowing will not be offered in 2021. Instead, a flat glass studio has been added to Session 1. Flat glass may include some or all of the following: fusing glass, stained glass, mosaics, painting on glass, etching, and more. Students interested in glass are also encouraged to check out flameworking.
- Studio maximums have been reduced from 9 to 6, with two instructors in each studio. A maximum of 30 students and 13 staff will be on campus.
- Plexi-glass panels between work areas have been installed or are available in all studios except welding, which is open air and has divided workstations.
- Hand sanitizer stations with antibacterial soap are available in all studios.
- Covered outdoor spaces are set up for eating, working, or taking breaks
- There are new screen doors and extra fans for increased air circulation in all studios.
- Each studio has a designated bathroom.
- Studio access by Snow Farm staff is restricted to when studios are empty.
- Snow Farm will provide individual tool kits wherever possible.
- UV sanitizers will be used for cleaning hand tools .
- Antibacterial wipes are available for cleaning shared equipment between uses.
- Thorough sanitizing of studios with the electrostatic disinfectant sprayer between uses.
- Weekend programming has been changed to eliminate leaving campus or allowing additional people to visit. Instead, our creative staff will offer fun and exciting activities such as special workshop topics, talent shows, indoor and outdoor games, movie night, bonfires, and small group trips to nearby swimming or hiking spots.
Housing & Meals
- All students will have single dormitory rooms with shared bathrooms. (Siblings may be housed together in a double room.)
- Dorm bathrooms will be cleaned frequently.
- Students will choose a meal plan in advance of coming to Snow Farm which will apply to all their meals. Choices are regular (no restrictions), regular/gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan/gluten-free.
- All meals will be freshly made and packaged for pick-up in the dining hall.
- Outdoor and indoor tables, spaced 6’ apart, will be available at mealtimes.
- A hand sanitizer station is located at the entrance of the dining hall.
- Tables, chairs, and any other high-touch items will be thoroughly sanitized between meals.