The Seconds Sale is a beloved and popular event which often draws large groups of people. This year, Snow Farm has thoughtfully and carefully adjusted the sale to allow for in-person shopping that complies with all recommended COVID containment guidelines. After successfully reopening in August 2020 and offering workshops from August to October, we are confident that we can operate the Seconds Sale while prioritizing the health and safety of our community.
Changes you will see at the Seconds Sale this year:
- limiting the number of shoppers on campus to 50 people at one time,
- asking shoppers to reserve an arrival time in advance so that long lines don't develop,
- limiting occupancy in each gallery from 5 to 15 people based on the size of the space,
- requiring all staff, volunteers, and visitors to wear a mask,
- offering hand sanitizer at the entrance of every gallery,
- using separate entrances and exits in most galleries,
- widening the aisles to allow for 6' of distance between people,
- opening windows where possible to allow for greater air flow,
- installing plexiglass barriers at check-out tables,
- cleaning high-touch areas and the bathrooms frequently throughout the day,
- cleaning all galleries with an electrostatic disinfecting sprayer at the end of the day, and
- asking staff and volunteers to self-monitor for any covid-like symptoms.
To further assure the safety of our guests, there will be no glassblowing or cafe this year.
For shoppers who would like an even more protected experience, Private Shopping is available by reservation from 9am – 10am each day of the sale. During Private Shopping, a maximum of 5 small groups (1 or 2 people) will rotate between five galleries so each party is alone while shopping. One Snow Farm staff person will also be available in each gallery to assist with purchases. A minimum $25/person donation to Snow Farm is requested.