A Train and a Craft School
e-newsletter sent to Snow Farm community on 10/09/21
Dear Snow Farm friends,
We may have been driving the train, but with no doubt, YOU hopped on board with us. It was a team effort. YOU wrote messages of support, YOU shared what Snow Farm was doing with others, YOU came and took a class (and sometimes another and another), YOU funded scholarships, YOU shopped at the Seconds Sale, YOU volunteered, YOU came and taught a workshop, YOU donated a handmade creation for our gallery, YOU gave and gave again to assure that Snow Farm continued on.
- Contracted 236 artist/instructors and paid out $192,000 in compensation;
- Gave 1018 students somewhere to go, a place to learn, create, connect, and be rejuvenated;
- Retained all Snow Farm staff positions while cutting expenses in other areas;
- Offered full scholarships and a life-changing opportunity to eight BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) students (an initiative launched in 2020);
- Welcomed 60 teens back to the high school summer program with $15,000 in scholarships;
- Offered deeply discounted workshops to 35 participants in the Workshop Access Program;
- Ran the first full year of the Work-Study program which brought six people to live, work, and learn on our campus during the program season;
- Paid $90,000 to artists for their participation in the 2020 Seconds Sale; and
- Spent $300,000 in goods and services from the local community.
We thank YOU!